You are here

Apply to Have Fee Waived

If you cannot afford to pay the filing fee in full or in installments, you may request a waiver of the filing fee by filing an Application to have the chapter 7 filing fee waived (Form 103B).

The bankruptcy judge will decide whether you must pay the filing fee. The judge may waive the fee only if your income is less than 150 percent of the official poverty line applicable for your family size and you are unable to pay the fee in installments. See Poverty Guidelines.