You are here

What if someone in bankruptcy owes me money?



Those listed as creditors in asset cases will receive a notice from the Bankruptcy Court setting a deadline for filing proofs of claim.  A Proof of Claim form, together with any supporting documents, may be filed electronically through the Court’s electronic case filing system, through ePOC, or mailed or delivered in paper form to the appropriate Clerk's Office in Duluth, St. Paul or Minneapolis.  Creditors wishing to have a date-stamped copy of their claim returned to them should enclose an extra copy of their claim and a self-addressed, stamped envelope.