You are here

How do I file for bankruptcy and where can I obtain the forms to file a bankruptcy case?



A bankruptcy case is commenced by the filing of a petition with the Clerk’s Office. Once the bankruptcy case is commenced, there are several other forms that must be filed.  See Filing Guidance for a complete list of filing requirements for each chapter. 


To obtain forms online, see Official Bankruptcy Forms.  Forms may also be purchased from any local office supply.


For more information, see also Chapter 7 process for Debtors without an Attorney and Chapter 13 process for Debtors without an Attorney