Prepare for NextGen
The United States Bankruptcy Court for the District of Minnesota will go live on NextGen March 22, 2021.
Do you have your own PACER account?
You must have your own PACER account, which will be linked to your CM/ECF filing account to access NextGen CM/ECF. Shared PACER accounts may no longer be used by CM/ECF users.
- Instructions for registering for a PACER account
- Register for a PACER Account
- Questions regarding PACER accounts should be directed to the PACER Service Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or (800) 676-6856.
Have you upgraded your PACER account?
If you already have your own PACER account but it was created prior to August 11, 2014, you must upgrade it.
- Instructions for upgrading your PACER Account (or view this information as a video)
- Upgrade your PACER Account
Does your firm need a Firm Billing Account (also known as a PACER Administrative Account)?
Firms can set up a PACER Administrative Account (PAA) to manage all their user accounts and have central billing for PACER access fees.
- Complete information regarding Firm Billing Accounts (PACER Administrative Accounts)
- Register for a Firm Billing Account
On or after March 22, 2021, users must link their upgraded PACER account to a current CM/ECF account.
Do you know your current CM/ECF login and password?
You must know your current CM/ECF login and password before the Court upgrades to NextGen. If the login information is stored in the browser, it will be lost and not recoverable. If you do not know your login or password, contact the Clerk’s Office technical help desk at 612-664-5275.
You must link your upgraded PACER account to your CM/ECF Account.
You will need both your upgraded PACER login and password, and your ECF login and password, for this process. If you have not obtained your own PACER account, or if you have your own PACER account but you haven't upgraded it, see above.
- Instructions for linking your upgraded PACER account to your CM/ECF Account on or after March 22 (or view this information as a video)
- Need help with your PACER account? Email email@example.com or call (800) 676-6856
For user documentation, learning aids, and how to videos, please visit How to Use PACER