On April 1, 2016, automatic adjustments will be made to dollar amounts in the Bankruptcy Code, Title 28, and some official and local bankruptcy forms and instructions. The adjustments will apply to cases filed on or after April 1, 2016.
The Official Forms, Director’s Forms, and instructions impacted include:
* Official Form 106C, The Property You Claim as Exempt, Line 3
* Official Form 107, Your Statement of Financial Affairs for Individuals Filing for Bankruptcy, Line 6
* Official Form 122A-2, Chapter 7 Means Test Calculation, Lines 29 and 40
* Official Form 122C-2, Chapter 13 Calculation of Your Disposable Income, Line 29
* Official Form 201, Voluntary Petition for Non-Individuals, Line 8
* Official Form 207, Statement of Your Financial Affairs, Lines 3 and 4
* Official Form 410, Proof of Claim, Line 12
* Director’s Form 2000, Required Lists, Schedules, Statements, and Fees, Pages 2, 3, and 4
* Local Form 4004-1, Chapter 13 Debtor's Certifications Regarding Domestic Support Obligations and Section 522(q), Part III
* Instructions for Individual Debtors, Pages 8 and 22
* Instructions for Non-Individual Debtors, Page 12
* Director’s Form 2500E, Instructions, Page 1
Section 104 of the Bankruptcy Code provides that the Judicial Conference make the adjustments, which are calculated at three-year intervals on the basis of the change in the Consumer Price Index for the most recent three-year period ending immediately before the year in which the adjustment is made and rounded to the nearest $25.
The revised dollar amounts were published in the Federal Register on February 22, 2016.